Two Rivers Solstice 100/50: Sled Dogs for America

I have a new "real" job, a really great one I might add. However, it's limited my ability to go out and be part of the mushing circles lately. This weekend, though, I got to head north to Two Rivers and hang out-- and do some filming-- at the Two Rivers Solstice 100/50 mile race. The 100/50 mile part means that there were essentially two races-- a 100 mile race that happened in two legs of 50 miles (with a four hour layover in between), and a 50 mile race that ended where the 100 mile layover occurred.

I have a lot more to say about this race. It was a much bigger turnout than expected, with about 45 mushers in both races. It's always fun to just get to hang around dog people... It was a blast to get to be around this particular race. One nice facet (especially for filming) was that the race was located just miles away from my host-house of Lara-Ke Kennel. That meant that between the start, road crossing, and checkpoint I could go back to the house and charge my cold camera batteries!

I got about four hours of great footage. I'm going to do a variety of things with it, but for now this is the first little piece I put together. It's another installment of Sled Dogs for America... a campaign for the best thing ever (and one without an election? Still you should vote...).

Here's the next video: Sled Dogs for America with Riley Dyche


No comments:

Post a Comment